Friday, February 27, 2009

Module Four Tasks – Downloading Tools/Plug-ins

 

Not being able to easily download plug-ins and tools, I have to be quite thrifty in allocating my mb’s (a skill which is going to come in very handy given the current economic climate!).  I already had a few of these programs, Adobe, Flash/Shockwave players and all the media players.  After reading the thread re: Copernic on the discussion board, I was happy to give that one a wide berth ;).

As for bookmark managers, I’m really happy with the way Firefox handles my bookmarks.  I’ve got several folders already created for different topics and it is very easy to create new ones.  I can organise and sort my bookmarks, add tags or give the bookmark a more  meaningful name, so it would have to be something pretty special for me to use another tool ……. mmmmmmm ……… I just though of the one thing I would like to do with bookmarks that I can’t do now, and that is to be able to access them from any computer….[note to self: go investigate].

Given my current internet access dramas the one tool that really caught my eye was the offline browser/copier and again, given the global economic climate, I didn’t want to pay for it.  What I found was WinHTT Website Copier. Not only has it enabled me to view complete pages and sites offline, but also brought me closer to my brother as I could “utilise” his wireless networks and do all my downloading, thank you brother, thank you WinHTT.

nb:  I am in no way implying my brother is a “tool”, I prefer to call him my “special” resource.

No comments: