Thursday, February 26, 2009

Module Two Reflections

When I first saw the tasks for this module I thought of my car - I love it, I can drive it everywhere I want to go, I know where the petrol and the oil go but I’m not that interested in what else is going on under the bonnet, and that is pretty much what I thought of email.  But I learnt a lot from these tasks in particular the email header and how to find a senders IP address – can’t wait to find a reason to use it ;).

There is so much information, on so many topics that having lists, newsgroups or forums are a great way of not only accessing the information but also contributing to it.  I always find that if I have a question to ask, someone else has already asked it and received some pretty good responses.  It’s not just computers that make up the internet but the people operating them! 

With so many lists out there, the hard part might be finding the one that’s right for you, each list has it’s own personality and just like any relationship you have to work hard at it, it can’t just be one sided.

Utilising the lessons learnt in the email task, if I do become a member of more than one email list I will be sure to suet up rules to sort them into different folders ;).

I found Boardtracker during my travels which is a search engine for forums and discussion lists, didn’t have too much time to play though :(

No comments: